Friday, September 28, 2007

boogie man

When I put all my CD’s on the iPod to bring with me, I realized that cassettes couldn’t be uploaded. There were only a couple cassettes I thought I might want to listen to and tucked them into my suitcase. One was “Funkadelic Disco Dance Party” that I thought might be fun to have. It is Friday morning and the mosques are blaring their sermons from incredibly loud loudspeakers all around my apartment. The imam or mullah or whatever he is in the closest mosque is screaming at the world, and boy does he sound pissed! I don’t know what he’s yelling about, but I think it’s some kind of Islamic fire and brimstone stuff. I’m so glad I have that tape now along with a cheapo radio cassette player that I bought at the store here, because it is a perfect counter to the angry noise reverberating through the walls. I can still hear the guy screaming and yelling, but at least there is a soundtrack in the background singing, “I’m your boogie-man, That’s what I am, I’m into whatever I can! Be it early morning, or afternoon, or at midnight - it’s never too soon.”
Yo, dude, brothah Iz-Lamm dude, yall gotta just CHILL now, know'm sayin? Just take CHILL PILL, un'astan? Cause yall be driving me frickin nuts wid all dat screamin and yellin!

And now I am going to get up and boogie.

No comments: